CPBM Organizational Management Subcommittee
Understanding Organizational ManagementOrganizational management is the process of organizing, planning, leading and optimizing resources within an agency with the overall aim of achieving its goals and objectives. The concept of organizational management is based on the idea that there is a correlation between an agency’s capabilities in people, operations and agency strategies to successfully implement their goals and objectives.
Co-ChairDeanna Belden Director of Performance, Risk & Investment Analysis, Office of Transportation System Management, MnDOT Email: [email protected]
Co-ChairCharlie Purcell Project Delivery Division Director, Iowa DOT Email: [email protected]
SecretaryStacey Hutson Secretary 2, Iowa DOT Email: [email protected]
AASHTO LiaisonMatt Hardy Program Director for Planning and Performance Management Email: [email protected]
FHWA LiaisonNelson Hoffman Transportation Performance Management Program Manager Email: [email protected]
MissionHelp agencies achieve organizational excellence and advance the practice of performance excellence by identifying, analyzing and sharing information to improve organizational performance at the strategic, tactical and operational levels of the organization.
- Assist agencies to achieve strategic goals and improve performance in the most effective and efficient way.
- Examine and share effective organizational models, leadership structures and competencies used to monitor, respond to and implement organizational improvement.
- Provide agencies with best practices in the application of process/quality improvement tools and methodologies.
Leadership and Membership
- The subcommittee will be lead by a chair or co-chairs, as selected by CPBM committee chair.
- Membership of the subcommittee shall be governed by the CPBM charter.
Active participation is critical for our subcommittee to be successful in its mission, and that means we need you to be involved! There are many different ways you can be involved, including:
- Participate in our monthly subcommittee web conferences. Join in the conversation. Offer your insight and perspectives. Learn from others.
- Attend our annual or mid-year subcommittee meetings, usually held in conjunction with an AAHSTO or TRB conference.
- Assist with or lead one of the subcommittee activities, as outlined in our Work Plan.
To get involved, please contact either of the subcommittee co-chairs at the e-mail or phone number shown below:
Deanna Belden – [email protected], 651-366-3734
Charlie Purcell – [email protected], 515-239-1128
Upcoming Subcommittee Events
Past Subcommittee Events
Your Community’s Resources
This section is for committee admins to access and edit their pages. If you think you should be an admin, or if you need assistance recovering your password, then please click here to send us an email.