TRB Webinar: Transportation Resilience Metrics
This event occured on 2021-10-19.
This TRB webinar discusses and presents several measures of transportation systems resilience, which may be used to communicate the importance of resilience investments for transportation agencies. The findings and conclusions put forth in this webinar originate from the recently published report, Investing in Transportation Resilience: A Framework for Informed Choices.
- Overview of study: Joseph Schofer, Northwestern University
- Current practices of measuring and assessing resilience: Susanne DesRoches, New York City Mayor’s Office
- Review of academic research on resilience and resilience metrics: Paolo Bocchini, Lehigh University
- Recommendations for integrating resilience in transportation investment decisions: Joseph Schofer, Northwestern University
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Joseph Schofer, Northwestern University
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.